- Scope Database is a free public web search engine for academic publications and literature, developed by a group of Scientific researchers. Scope Databaselaunched in 2008, and calculated metrics manually and by 2018 launched globally through www.sdbindex.com,the tool features an entirely new data structure and search engine using semantic user interface search technologies.
- A Computer Database is defined 'open access' when there are no financial, legal or technical barriers to accessing it - that is to say when anyone can read, download, copy, distribute, print, search for and search within the information, or use it in education or in any other way within the legal agreements.
- Open access is a publishing model for scholarly communication that makes research information available to readers at no cost, as opposed to the traditional subscription model in which readers have access to scholarly information by paying a subscription (usually via libraries).
- One of the most important advantages of open access is that it increases the visibility and reuse of academic research results. There is also criticism, and the aspect of quality deserves extra effort. The principles of open access are set out in the Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities (2003). This declaration has been signed by many international organisations for academic research, including all Indian and Dutch universities and research organisations.
- Researchers provide their articles to publishers for free, because their compensation comes in the form of recognition for their findings. Open Access means more readers, more potential collaborators, more citations for their work, and ultimately more recognition for them and their institution.
|“By 'open access' to the literature, we mean its free availability on the public internet, permitting any users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles, crawl them for indexing, pass them as data to software, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without financial, legal, or technical barriers other than those inseparable from gaining access to the internet itself."|
|The Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities|
|Open access (OA) means free access to information and unrestricted use of electronic resources for everyone. Any kind of digital content can be OA, from texts and data to software, audio, video, and multi-media. While most of these are related to text only, a growing number are integrating text with images, data, and executable code.|
Gold Open Access
- Our Database (www.sdbindex.com) comes under “Gold” open access refers to database in which all articles and content are open access — available to anyone on the internet without any subscription fees or sign-in.
- Scopedatabase is a community-curated online directory that indexes and provides access to high quality, open access, peer-reviewed journals.
- All Scopedatabase services are free of charge including being indexed. All data is freely available in the database.